Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tall Order

A regular in our badminton group sprained her recently healed ankle. She had just returned to the game after a 3-month hiatus. Very unfortunate for her; I ache for her as this sprain will again immobilize her for a few months.

Never in my wildest dream could I have imagined that such incapacitation will befall Son and coincidentally, due to badminton game too, though played with a different group. From the x-ray result, the doctor confirmed it a not-to-worrisome sprain. Thank God! He now wears an ankle guard and hobbles around on the good right foot with the aid of a makeshift walking stick.

Not wanting him to move unnecessarily, I restrict his mobility and instructed him to call for help for anything he wants, anytime. I live to regret it! For once in his 15 years on earth, my instruction was followed to a T! 'Mom, please get me a drink with ice'  'Mom, pass me my books please', 'Mom this, Mom that....... ' It was easier looking after him as a baby when summons were few! I fervently wish for him to get well instantly. Though my beloved, I have no wish to be relegated to a life of servitude to this now 6-footer! Horrors! this is only day one!

                                                                                  
                     THE foot                      



                                                             
I personally believe that one of the contributing factors to injuries is due to lack of warming up before a game. For basic warm up techniques, check out badminton warm ups.