Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bitter Bieber Barter

Son has been begging and pleading relentlessly to attend Justin Bieber's concert. "Mom, tell me what you want me to do, anything!" Boy, he's very determined! Do I want to indulge Son, pay for him to watch with his friends this hair-flipping, flicking young singer on stage?

I gave in................ 



Yup, its the original ticket, Son's one week lunch $ translated into this. Even after holding the ticket in my hand, I questioned my decision. Then again, I consoled myself, JB isn't coming every year and Son isn't forever a teen with crazy obsession.

Of course Son isn't going to the concert for free, it comes with a price and he has to learn to earn his keep. However, since no one has answered the plea to sponsor him nor has anyone needed a handyman service, I have resorted to an archaic swapping arrangement :

1 month laundry service = 1 JB's concert ticket

Although with much reluctance, he had agreed to handle the family laundry for a month! Daughter is ecstatic as she and Son have always shared the chore of  folding and putting away laundered clothes. Easy peasy if you ask me, Son got off easy as the washing machine handles the bulk of  the work, no coolie job.
                  
A legitimate barter trading, a win win situation for all, after all, the ticket is in my hand! Snickers.......                                                                                                                                                                                 
            

No comments: