Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Privacy Limited

"MOM!", Son shrieked as I poked my head into his room. "Mom, you can't just barge into my room". Oh oh! slipped my mind - I've agreed to knock. Sigh, the liberty to walk in and out of that room has ended. 

When Son first brought up this new rule of knocking, I was aghast. Excuse me, this is my house! I go wherever I wish. "I need my privacy", he pleaded. Hmm.... fishy. "Are you trying to hide something from me?"  "No, I have nothing to hide Mom, I just want to do my own things in private." "What private things?" I heard my voice rising. The argument bounced to and fro.

To cut a long story short, I relented. In hindsight I believe having own space preserves one's sanity albeit a short one. It's my sanity that we are talking about here.

Son chills out in his chamber with his MP3, books and mobile phone for company. I can tolerate that, nothing fishy ....... yet!


Hey, did he just barge into my room without knocking?? "SON!!!!!!"   `                                                                          

No comments: