Monday, September 27, 2010

Mission Not Possible

"Put the money in your bag now",  I told Son, handing out his excursion lunch money. "Wait mom, this story is very interesting",  his face buried in a novel, nary a muscle moved.

I can't remember a time when an assigned mission got him to his feet pronto. He's quick with his reply though, unfortunately, doesn't translate into quick actions.

"Son, throw away your rubbish"
"Later mom, PP is waiting for my call"

"Clear your room"
"Ok, after this show ends"

Is it my teen acting up or is it a delayed tactic employed by teens worldwide? More often than not I ended up completing missions, being the perfectionist and stickler for punctuality that I am. Teens strategy? Hmm..

By the way, somebody skipped lunch......

                                                                                                                     

No comments: