Sunday, February 20, 2011

Texting Trouble

Son has agreed, albeit unwillingly, to stretch his cellphone credit allowance to two months before the next reloading. The allocation, in my opinion, is more than sufficient for NECESSARY calls. On this issue, Son begs to differ.

He is stingy on his credit, determining to save them for social communication with friends, never mind that they just parted company or barely minutes lapsed after logging out from social networks.  Whilst away, his essential calls to me are intentional missed calls, ringing just enough to alert me to call him back!

At one stage, his cellphone takes centre stage at the dining table with him texting and eating simultaneously.  I tolerated this nonsense at the beginning as he texted sporadically.  

However, my patience was truly tested when he quit using a fork, choosing to free a hand to operate his cellphone. I gave him an ultimatum, to partake in proper family meals without his 'sidekick' or continue texting with only bread and water for food. Son laughed off my threat as a joke, knowing well I place high importance on balanced meals. However, his laughter died down instantly when he glanced at my outraged face. He quickly put away his phone, dashed into the kitchen and returned with a fork in his hand.

His 'sidekick?' Banished forever from the table........
       

No comments: