Thursday, July 21, 2011

Spice Son

It's only a matter of time before Son succumbs to the cold and recently, I heard him sniffing and sneezing, followed by long groans all day long. I anticipated this coming when he decided to take late night showers - to keep himself awake and to keep cool from the current humid weather.  Each time he emerged from the bathroom with a satisfied look and is refreshed, great, but wrong time of the day! 

He dreads the heavy headed feeling and recoils with shudders at the thought of my surefire solution to the problem. Pharmaceutical medicine? Nay. I'm uncompromising in my teens' health matters and in my opinion, they shouldn't inundate their bodies with chemicals for common ailments. Many of my tried and tested for generations remedies consist of natural herbs and spices, the common ones being ginger, tumeric, clove, cinnamon, cumin seeds, cardamon, garlic, etc.

Much as he despises it, he will down cups after cups of my concoction with pinched nose! Foul smelling? Of course not, although it does leave Son smelling like a curry dish............ 

No comments: