Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sugary Coffee

I was pleasantly surprised to find my cup with steaming coffee at my work table.  Son remarked, 'That's for you mom'. Hey, that indeed is a surprise! It has always been the other way round, me making drinks for my teens and rarely, they me.

Still, a blessing is a blessing, though not Starbucks material.  I took a sniff at the aromatic drink, then a huge gulp. Yucks! Instantly I spat the mouthful back into the cup. It was sickeningly sweet. I took a quick glance at Son. Am I glad he was fixated on Facebook to pay any attention to me.

Trying to sound as casual as possible, I asked, 'How did you make this coffee?' Without taking his eyes off the screen, he answered, 'I used a 3in1 coffee sachet and added 2 teaspoons sugar, nice?'

Barista, he is not........

No comments: