Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hot Fitness Workout

Yesterday noon, Son surprised me by asking for permission to go for a run around the neighbourhood. This indeed caught me off guard as he has never done it before as his workout has always been confined to gym. I was hesitant as it was rather sunny and we have a lunch appointment later.

I tried to talk him out of this sudden fitness craze, expressing my concern in alarming words like dehydrating, scorching heat, headache, cancer, amongst others. Alas, as I foreknew, all my caution fell on deaf ear.

Nevertheless, it was his eagerness which won me over. 'Ok, 15 minutes,' I said. Not that I doubted his stamina but my concern was the hot weather and knowing well Son despises glaring heat. '30 minutes,' he bargained, '15 minutes is too short an exercise.'  I relented, albeit reluctantly.

No sooner had I warmed my seat, Son returned from his brief exercise, all hot and sweaty and red faced. 'So hot', he grumbled. 'I'll go back to gym!'

It was barely 5 minutes........

No comments: