Friday, June 3, 2011

Shaving Agony

This article caught my attention - 'Some boys may be uncomfortable asking to shave and others may feel awkward talking about it'.


Thank God Son embraced this coming of age change instinctively. He had been given sufficient information and adequate sharings to prepare him for this transition to adulthood naturally.


However, when Son detected a little fuzzy patch over his upper lip, he was upset, not with the facial hair but the thought of having to shave looms heavily over him. He had caught sight of his friends with razor cuts, in their maiden shaving attempt, and he was horrified. 

He tells me he is never going to shave and I told myself  that I am not going to make hair an issue and it will not be a battle I'd pick to fight with him. 

I vow to patiently let the hair issue work itself out but should he flaunts his long unkempt moustache and if my patience runs thin , I'll sneak into his room at night to do the needful, then feign innocence the next morning.........

No comments: