Saturday, May 28, 2011

Coloured Son

'What is that on your pinky?' I screamed at Son, barely realising my voice had risen to an irrating high decibel.  He glanced at his finger then at me impassively and proceeded to waving his pinky in my face. 'My favourite colour, purple, nice ya.'  I was furious, he had on purple nail polish on his pinky.

Son, who is often puts off when Daughter adorns her nails with jumble of colours and never failed to belabour her for spending money on them is now making a shocking paradigm shift! Coloured nails on female, fine, on male, not bothered as long as it is not on my Son's!
 
I bore my stern eyes at his pinky. 'It's just for fun, I'll get it removed later', he said with a flicker of amusement in his eyes.

Was I overreacting................


No comments: