Friday, March 18, 2011

Teen Issues - Homey Duel

Everyday new teen issues war erupts in my house, er.. correction, in my car, in the shopping complex, in the restaurant, in the swimming pool, anywhere where my two teens present themselves. Those parenting teenagers know that I am not being overdramatic! A perennial teenage issue every parent has to tackle.


Son takes delight in badgering Daughter, teasing her relentlessly at every opportunity. Daughter, of course, will never take the onslaught lying down, she too has her own ammunition up her sleeves, ever ready for battle!

They know they are not allowed to engage in physical fights, only verbal which I usually don't interfere. I find it infuriating when they dragged me in to their duel. They tend to forget that I'm no refree armed with a whistle nor do I favour one over the other in this sibling rivalry or play mediator over triviality.

However, when the fight gets too intense, I shoo them into a room to finish off their clash, away from my earshot. Then, such peace..........
                                                                               

No comments: