Sunday, March 13, 2011

Driving Commentary

Often times, when I am driving, Son is also driving. I drive a car, he on the other hand, drives me up the wall in my car!

Especially so when the car ahead of me slows down or when another car overtakes me, though 50m away! He generously rattled on and on his displeasures though the driver, his mom, me, isn't flustered a nary bit (err, sometimes...).

Once on a narrow road, we ended up behind a super slow car, which showed no sign of hurrying. The driver was clearly enjoying a slow cruise. As expected, Son wasted no time in volunteering his input, same time, straining his neck trying to catch a glimpse of the driver ahead.

Another minute passed, we were still at a snail's pace, overtaking was risky.  Son's commentary chalked up a decibel higher with exasperation to match. Frankly, I too have reached the end of my tether!

I sighted an opportunity to overtake, Son adjusted himself so he'll directly face the driver fully. I'm sure he has contortorted his face to show much annoyance.

As we passed the driver, we were greeted with a toothless, bashful smile and an apologetic wave. The driver's wrinkly face was one of embarrassment as she mouthed 'sorry'. From the corner of my eye, I saw Son instantly slumped back in his seat and then slowly he broke into a smile.........


Drive at your own (and family's) risks!

No comments: