Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Seedy Misery

'Mom, what are these tiny things on my face?' Son's voice sounded urgent. I studied his face and noticed several white tiny bumps around both eye areas. Pimples? Nope, Son had the good fortune of inheriting my genes. No pimples ever populated my face, ergo, neither his.

These uninvited visitors are milia seeds. Whaat?

I know Son has been cleansing his face religiously but how he does it, hmm..... 'Tell me how you cleanse your face?'. 'Err... like you said, rub a little cleanser all over my face, rinse, wipe'.  Huh? Yes and no, but such brevity. 'Your eyes too?,' I am curious now. He opened his mouth, then thought better and closed it. Bingo! Case closed. Son knows jolly well to avoid cleansing around the eye area.

So those uninvited visitors aren't exactly gatecrashers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Milia_big.png

To know more about the tiny terror, read http://beautifulwithbrains.com/2009/04/14/how-to-prevent-and-treat-milia-seeds/


P/S - Son is using a mild exfoliating cleanser which he is hoping and praying it's a miracle cure!

                                                                                                                                                                                            

No comments: