Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Son Keen In Beaded Jewelry?

I was taken aback when Son asked if I could design a beaded necklace with matching earrings for a friend. A very unusual request indeed as he has never shown interest in this particular handmade jewelry hobby of mine let alone knows what I am capable of creating with miniscule rocks.

An unexpected request for a significant someone? My curiosity was piqued, and casually I asked, 'Who is this for?' I realised I was holding my breath, not trusting myself to speak anymore yet searching Son's face for any telltale signs. Without altering his facial expression nor displaying a hint of mortification, he replied me nonchalantly, 'It's for N', it's her birthday's next week!' Now, N is not the only girl to receive birthday present from Son BUT she is the first of Son's girl friends whom I have been commissioned to create a jewelry masterpiece for!

My mind went into turbo mode, are they.......... Nay, I refuse to let my imagination run wild, choosing instead to harness my thoughts into designing Son's out of the world request.

Why then am I getting such vivid images about birds and bees.........?

No comments: